Dealer Principal McLeods Whyalla Automotive
- 1983 Mitchell Holden Parts junior, Motor mechanic, sales consultant, sales manager
- 1993 Ken Feltus Holden Sales Manager
- 1996 to current Dealer Principal.
Previous President of the WCCI, and current executive member, inaugral business icon hall of fame individual, 2010 business of the year, 2018 employer of the year.
Life member of the West Whyalla Football Club
I am a professional engineer with over 30 years’ experience in heavy industry servicing the steel and mining business sectors across the UK and Australia.
I hold a B.Eng (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering from Bath University and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Cardiff University.
I have been married to Helen for 28 years and have two daughters Emily and Grace.
I have lived in Whyalla for 28 years and am proud to call Whyalla my home.
- First tourism commissioners of South Australia
- Chair of Flag-Choice hotels
- Restaurant Board of SA
- Operator accommodation business since 1970
- Knowledge of training in hospitality
- Awarded contribution tourism in SA 2005
- Board of HMAA Hotel Motel Association 10 years
- Patron SA police academy
- Board of Regional Tafe 20 years
- Member Eyre Peninsula Tourism Association
- Westpac Telstra South Australian business woman of the year, which gave me the opportunity to travel extensively.
- Whyalla City Council 15 years, Whyalla Tourism committee, established 2016 Tourism Focus Group for Whyalla.
- Passion for tourism promoting South Australia has always been my priority.
- Contacts in the industry, Federal State and Local Government
Believe I can bring to the Board, knowledge as hands on operator, dealing with the visitor, family, corporate market and executives of a high level.
Deputy Mayor Rick Santucci has lived, worked and raised his family in Whyalla since 1974.
He has spent many years volunteering in Whyalla, proudly winning the Citizen of the Year Award in 2000 and receiving the inaugural Emergency Services Medal presented by the Governor for services to the community. Deputy Mayor Santucci has also served on Whyalla’s Hospital Board and the Aged Care Board.
He is employed by Liberty GFG working in the health and wellbeing field as the Injury Management Advisor for South Australia.
Deputy Mayor Santucci has spent three terms as a Councillor and has been proudly elected by his peers in the position of Deputy Mayor twice.
An accomplished Senior Manager with extensive experience working in a customer focused business, across both private and public sectors. Over 20 + years’ experience in financial, administrative, operational and technical environments.
Key Skills Include:
- General and Strategic Management of Diverse and Customer Focused Business
- Highly developed IT & Technical Skills
- Highly developed Financial Acumen
- Financial Analysis including Report Preparation and Presentation
- Corporate Governance
- Organisational Risk Assessment
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- High Level Project Management
- Industry participation and networking
- People and Performance Management
Board Member, Deputy Chair and Chair of the Audit committee - Career Employment Group (CEG) - June 2016 - Present - https://www.ceg.net.au
Community Representative - Whyalla Hospital and Health Services Health Advisory Council - Jan 2020 – Present
Community Representative - FUNLHN Perfomance Improvement Committee - November 2022 - Present
Elected Councillor- Whyalla City Council - 2022 - 2026
Past District Governor, Rotary District 9500, 2019-2020
Past President and Member of the Rotary Club of Whyalla since 2008
Committee member of Whyalla Enterprising Women since 2000
I emigrated to Whyalla from Scotland, with my family, in 1991. I have two grown up sons Craig and Blair, two wonderful Daughters in law and I have five grandchildren who all live here in Whyalla. Before retiring my husband, David worked at the Steelworks at the Blast Furnace.
- By profession I was a nurse;
- In Scotland, working in a busy Medical ward
- In Whyalla, worked in the Community, in Domiciliary Care, Aged Care and Disability Services.
- I hold a Diploma in Management, Community Services and a Diploma in Training and
Whyalla has been good to my family and me. We have made many lasting friendships and I am passionate about giving back to our community.
I am a Personal Banker for Westpac and have been for 5 years, with a vast experience in Customer service.
Growing up in Whyalla and seeing the many changes through the years with local businesses and Industries makes me very proud to call Whyalla home seeing how resilient Our local community are.
Currently a member of the Whyalla Enterprising Woman. And freshly elected member of Whyalla Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc. I love being a part of such a diverse and inclusive community who have the Whyalla people at heart.
My family are my biggest blessing who I love spending time with, I am a very proud fur Mum to a 7yr old rescue Coolie named Cooper!
I am passionate about seeing Whyalla’s industries grow and bringing events and knowledge to the people and giving back to the community which has given so much to me.
As a born and bred local I grew up on this incredible coastline. Coming from a large family we weren’t shy from piling into the back of the wagon and camping under the stars wherever the fish were.
This love for the outdoors has continued right through my adulthood and been passed down to our children. We fish, bushwalk, ride, swim, 4X4 and camp at every opportunity given. As a proud mother of two and happily married life is rather blissful (hectic and loud but blissful).
We actively volunteer with any club or event the kids are involved in. Currently we are committee members with the Whyalla Garden Society, Whyalla Cycling Club and actively involved with Whyalla Girl Guides.
On a professional level I purchased the Elders Insurance Whyalla Franchise in 2021. After working in the industry for a few years and realising the importance of educating our community on the importance of Insurance. This has given me the opportunity to support the local community through employment, sponsorship and using local trades for repairs.
Prior to this I have always worked in customer service roles with 5.5 years in Real Estate, 4 years in Hotel Management and working in retail from the ripe age of 15.
My passion for wanting to help others and being known for my attention to detail have greatly aided my career. I cannot wait to see what Whyalla has instore for future generations.
I have been living in Whyalla with my family for over 10 years.
Currently, I am the Postal Manager of the Whyalla Norrie Post Office prior to that I was the Venue Manager for local hotel.
I have a wife and 2 sons one who goes to Whyalla Secondary College and the other to MOPS.
Customer service is a big part of my life in both retail and hospitality.
My previous experience is
Past President Lions Club Adelaide Police
Past President Gouger Street Traders